Has anyone successfully treated scaly leg mites with Elector Psp?

It_is_I_Rae

Songster
Oct 30, 2019
I've tried several other treatments many different times over the past few years and nothing ever seems to completely eradicate them. I think the problem is that all the other treatments require persistence. Vaseline has been the most helpful, but it even hasn't completely gotten rid of the mites. I have 13 chickens and cannot realistically slather their legs in Vaseline every day. It's stressful for me and stressful for them, and not to mention messy and time consuming. Most of them only have a very mild case of mites, but I know they still have them. So anyway, I'm wondering if I can use elector psp for leg mites. I know it's super expensive but if I can get rid of the mites once and for all with one treatment then it's worth it. If you have used it for leg mites, how did you go about it? Did you soak their feet in it or did you spray it on them? And do you need to spray their coop down as well? What ratio of water do you need to dilute it in?

I've used Elector for scaly mites. It was easy and successful. I mixed up a gallon of solution and soaked the legs and feet of all of my chickens for ten minutes and did not rinse.

Elector does have a hefty sticker price, but it's highly concentrated. One 8oz bottle will last you for years, and you also aren't paying shipping on a product that is mostly water.

I've used Elector for scaly mites. It was easy and successful. I mixed up a gallon of solution and soaked the legs and feet of all of my chickens for ten minutes and did not rinse.

Elector does have a hefty sticker price, but it's highly concentrated. One 8oz bottle will last you for years, and you also aren't paying shipping on a product that is mostly water.
Awesome. I'm going to go order some then. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom