Has Anyone torn/pulled a Muscle/ligament/tendon Before?? Ouch!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by DouglasPeeps, Feb 18, 2009.

1. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    I am a klutz, I admit it. Here is the story. Tonight while fixing dinner, DH and I were in the kitchen together. We were playing and I turned to "run" around the table (he was chasing me [​IMG] ). Almost at the exact same time, I heard a popping noise and had shooting/cramping pain in my right calf. I fell to the floor instantly. It is now more than an hour later and I still have quite a bit of pain. The pain starts from the middle of my calf and goes up to the back of my knee. It hurts to flex or point my toe. No matter how I sit it isn't comfortable. My toes are now starting to fall asleep and feel very weird (maybe numb?). The only close description I can give right now is a "massive charlie horse". I have never broken a bone or had anything like this. I have a call in to my Dr. and am still debating on going to urgent care or waiting until morning to see my primary Dr.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. buckeye lady

buckeye lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    Go to Urgent care or ER. It sounds like you tore a tendon/ligament. The pain is going to be intolerable tonight without a strong medication. If it is a complete tear it needs to be surgically corrected. Good luck. Put ice on it now and take some Tylenol (Acetominophen).-No aspirin-it's a blood thinner.

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Don't jump the gun it could be a few thing's, go to the doc see what he says, you will ok just hurts some I am sure. so DH was chasing you around the kitchen table, AAhhh the joy's of youth LOL.
    get well soon dear.

AL

4. buckeye lady

buckeye lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    How's the leg??

5. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    you need to go to urgent care and get some drugs. i did this on the second day of school. you ripped the muscle of the calf. i couldn't even stand up and was out of work for two months. i couldn't drive or walk for a month. wrap a bandage around the whole calf. it will take the pressure off the rip. this is what you have medial gastrocnemius muscle injury or tennis leg. you can feel and hear it pop. it felt like a was going to have a cramp then the BAM it exploded.

6. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    How is the leg?

7. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    My leg is doing much better. I didn't end up going to my doctor. My biggest fear was going and them telling me, yes, you pulled your muscle or have a really bad charlie horse. Also, it totally responded to ibuprofen. I figured if it responded then it couldn't be as bad as I originally thought. So, for a couple of days I kept it wrapped in an ace bandage and put a heating pad on it a couple of times a day. Everyday the pain and cramping was less and less. In the last two days, I only have a very small amount of pain here and there. I don't expect to be running anytime soon, but am glad that it isn't as bad as I originally thought.

Thank you all for your support and information/suggestions! [​IMG]

8. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:I am glad to hear your doing much better great. Now you are not going to stop running around that table in your french maid outfit or you!!!. LOL LOl, at least not for a few days.

AL

Smack me now.

9. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Awwww, c'mon, Al!!! Take out all the fun in life, why dontcha? [​IMG]

Next time, HE can wear the french maid outfit! [​IMG] Then she will only pop a muscle in her abdomen while laughing so hard!

10. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    And just why does the maid have to be French?

Why can't she be Spanish or Japanese?

humph.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by