Has anyone tried this? Do y'all recommend it?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by kitty22496, Aug 24, 2016.

1. kitty22496

kitty22496 Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

2. orpington13

orpington13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    I recommend all Purina products. Nutrena wasn't that great for my girls. That feed is good.

1 person likes this.
  3. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    I feed Purina Flock Raiser to my birds; old, young, roosters, hens, everyone. There's oyster shell in a separate feeder for the laying hens. It's great for all or them. Mary

2 people like this.
  4. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    A major consideration is the age of the feed available; always check the label for date of processing. Old Flock Raiser isn't better than new ???. Mary

2 people like this.
  5. CoelhoFamily

CoelhoFamily Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2016
    Northern California
    Best one I think. Plus I finally found a TSC near us saves us about $8 every bag of feed we buy there and & $4 on our goat minerals I'm one happy camper. You would have thought it was a big sale at Macys when my husband took me to TSC for my first time :)

1 person likes this.
  6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

That will be fine for hens and ducks that are laying, but it has too much calcium for chicks, ducklings, roosters, and hens and ducks that aren't laying. Too much calcium can cause health issues. @ChickenCanoe might be able to explain it better.

-Kathy

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

X2, always check the date on the bag! If the date is older, check the bags at the bottom of the stack, because when the employees bring out a ne pallet, they stack the older bags on top of the freshest ones, and I have seen six month old bags ontop of stacks at TSC and other stores. IMO, six months old crumbles are too old and should not be purchased.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by