has anyone used 1 of these?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cburke1, Jan 30, 2014.

1. cburke1

cburke1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2013
    Hi, by any chance has anybody had any experience using 1 of these incubators? how did your hatch go? how did you control the humidity?[​IMG]

2. Never saw one like that what kind is it! Oh and welcome to BYC!

3. cburke1

Aug 14, 2013
    Hi Marthab1953, its from china, I think that I have made a bit of an error buying it, I got it on ebay and as soon as it arrived I had a terrible feeling about it, I thought it was fully automatic , but after paying for it I noticed that it was only the temperature is auto, it's a manual turning and no humidity reading at all, well I guess we live and learn, by the way, thank you for welcoming me to BYC. it's great to be here

4. Wow from China did you have to get a special plug for it?! You will love it on BYC soo much info and lots of great people! You have a great day!

5. cburke1

Aug 14, 2013
    It came with the right plug on it, but don't know whats going to happen on shut down and if hopefully any chicks hatch, should I leave them in there or take them out? and if I take them out where can I put them? I love your photos, what cochins do you have? are they an easy breed to keep? which type are the white and brown birds? speckled?

6. Bantam Cochin are very easy to raise and keep. Very sweet chickens great momma hens also. Mine are Bantam Millie Cochin I have given most away and only have 2 left that I will keep. I am into other breeds of chickens now.

7. I am not sure which chickens you mean by the white and brown birds? speckled?

8. cburke1

Aug 14, 2013
    Martha's bantam cochin's 3rd page top row and a lot of the page

9. OK those are the Calico Bantam Cochin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by