Has anyone used a child's playhouse for a coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by sillyovrsilkies, Jul 23, 2011.

1. sillyovrsilkies

sillyovrsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    Has anyone transformed a child's playhouse (hard plastic ones...not wooden) into a coop for a few chickens? If so, would you please post your pics so I can see your transformations?? [​IMG]

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

3. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=37990

You
    got me thinking, and here's one. On that note, we reused our kids tree house (survived when the tree was cut down)for a coop. They wouldn't use it because of the spiders, but the chickens love them. Just makes it interesting when i have to crawl into it to clean it.

4. wishingbee

wishingbee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    SW Washington
  5. whoacowboy

whoacowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Town of Clayton
    We have turned a playhouse into a coop. It is about 3x5 - but tall. I am almost 6 ft tall and can stand up in it. We took advantage of the height and have built levels with roosts on the top. The floor is open. The nesting boxes are suspended about 1 foot off the ground. It works great for our seven chickens. But we feel this is the max. We may knock down a wall and add an addition as we want to include more breeds in the future. I say go for it!

6. wishingbee

wishingbee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    SW Washington

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by