Has anyone used an R-Zilla Terrarium Thermometer-Hygrometer?**UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rusty Hills Farm, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    I'm an idiot. I dropped (and broke) my thermometer/hygrometer while cleaning my 'bator. Now I'm having a hard time finding a new one. I found an AcuRite one on auction but the fine print said it was not suitable for incubator use. Ugh. So then I found this one. It has 2 probes for inside the terrarium and the actual meter sits outside the unit. Seems like it would work great--IF it is accurate.

I noticed they do have a button marked "adj" which suggests they might be re-calibratable. I've found them in a couple of different places, all at about the same $19.95.

Has anybody ever used one of these?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

No I have not. If you do go with one keep us posted. I was looking at the same thing at at our local pet store and wonder if they would work.

3. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I use a Fluckers that is designed for terrariums and reptile habitat. It is so far the best one I have used. I would imagine the one you describe would work fine. Having the probes is very handy.

4. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    This was finally delivered and I've had it up and running for a few hours now. So far it is working perfectly and matches my built-in incubator thermometer perfectly. I really like that the unit sits outside the 'bator and is so easy to read!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by