has anyone used homeopathy on their chickens?? PTSD?

chicchick

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
Eastern Massachusetts
I'm wondering about treating PTSD (post hawk attack) with homeopathy. Anyone ever done this? She is now afraid of the other hens, afraid to be out of her coop. ( Molting too - with the usual pale comb and not laying.) She was not like this before the attack (Dec.2).
Thanks!

I once used Echina on CRD chicken when I wasn't able to get medication. it was a minute dose and she did very well!

I wouldn't recommend anything with alcohol in it, but there is a rescue remedy (for shock) that is safe for new born human babies. the main ingredients is chamomile, cherry plum, clematis, impatiens, rock rose and star of bethlehem. If it were my chicken, I would give tiny doses and see what would happen.

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NO EXPERT

I have been a chicken owner for over 2 years now and I grew up around chickens. My grandmother never took a chicken to a vet and treated all ailments at home with homeopathic remedies.

I have successfully treated many ailments with home remedies and have only once required anti-biotics. I m yet to loose a chicken to illness.

I haven't bought the remedy yet (big snow storm/ snow day, etc) but I did a web site remedy finder and it looks like she'll need sulphur. I just need to figure out the right dose. (We've been using homeopathy and Chinese medicine to keep the human family healthy for years, now)
But really, since the hawk attack she hates to leave her private coop and the other 3 girls are just too "in her face".
thanks for asking! I'll try to keep you posted!

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom