Has anyone used one of these 48 egg-incubators before?? (photos)

LONDON HENS

Songster
8 Years
Jun 14, 2012
Hi

I have borrowed this incubator from a friend. He bought it on eBay but has lost the instructions. its an auto-turner.

Has anyone had any experiences hatching in something like this?? what humidity did you use for lockdown?
Ive had it running at around 40 so far. I would like to know when lock down comes should I get it up high to 70ish or raise it just a bit to 50??

The eggs are on day 13.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

What type of eggs are you incubating? For quail eggs I incubate at 50% and hatch at 70%. It's been so long since I've incubated chickens that I don't remember what humidity I used.

Chicken-Farmer

To quote the ebay item description

"Temperature & Humidity
The temperature should be around 37.8 Celsius in a forced air (with fan) incubator. The best humidity is 45-50% for day 1-18 then 65% for the last few days. Set alarms to warn if the temperature or humidity drops too low. Adjusted up or down when an alarm sounds."

Hope that helps.

To quote the ebay item description

"Temperature & Humidity
The temperature should be around 37.8 Celsius in a forced air (with fan) incubator. The best humidity is 45-50% for day 1-18 then 65% for the last few days. Set alarms to warn if the temperature or humidity drops too low. Adjusted up or down when an alarm sounds."

Hope that helps.
Thanks headworm. Humidity was 65 for hatch and worked very well!

25 hatched in the end which was very pleasing! Was all a bit of guess work!

We have been using this incubator for over 10 years and it has been very helpful. The biggest factor in the hatch rate is of course the fertility of your eggs. We strongly encourage you to maintain a ratio of 1 male to every 5 hens in order to ensure maximum fertility of the eggs. There are various types of eggs incubators classified mainly depending on method of operation, source of power, material used to make them.
For more info visit:- http://neochickspoultry.com/blog/what-is-an-eggs-incubator/

We have been using this incubator for over 10 years and it has been very helpful. The biggest factor in the hatch rate is of course the fertility of your eggs. We strongly encourage you to maintain a ratio of 1 male to every 5 hens in order to ensure maximum fertility of the eggs. There are various types of eggs incubators classified mainly depending on method of operation, source of power, material used to make them.
For more info visit Neochicks Poultry Limited site.

Back
Top Bottom