has anyone used turbo cad deluxe 18?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by redchickenguy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. redchickenguy

redchickenguy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2013
    i am going to start building and selling chicken coops, and i found sketch up (the free one) and wanted to get it but my dad said it would bring viruses to our computer. then I found turbo cad 18. it was responsibly priced but it seems kinda hard to learn. has anyone had any experience with it

2. LaurelC

LaurelC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2013
    Bothell, WA
    Sketchup shouldn't be associated with viruses. IIRC, Google owns sketchup.

3. OScarlet

OScarlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2013
    My son has been using sketch up since he was in 6th grade. He graduates this year. We have not had any viruses on the PCs he has used it on, or for that matter the macs ;)

edited because it was 6th grade, not 5th.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. Cowboy Alex

Cowboy Alex Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2014
    Google Sketch up does not have any viruses. If they did, Google would probable get sued. Or worse, get shut down. But I could be wrong.

5. redchickenguy

Sep 28, 2013
    thank you everyone who answered. i guess turbo cad would be a wast of money and i guess my dad was wrong i will probably get sketch up

6. redchickenguy

Sep 28, 2013
    has anyone used both sketch up and turbo cad, and found one is better than the other

7. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Any cad program will have a steep learning curve, plan on things going slowly until you get the hang of it.
    If there are tutorials, use them they really help...and don't be afraid of starting over if something really gets messed up. It'll go ten times faster the second time.
    I've used cad for 25 years, several different programs, now own AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor for my consulting business.

8. redchickenguy

Sep 28, 2013
    I got sketchup last night and it is so much fun to mess around with it but is a bit frustrating sometimes. I will probably get turbo cad when i get the money as it seems a little better when i get used to it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by