Has anyone used Twin Oaks Poultry Farm?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Drgnluver, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Drgnluver

Drgnluver Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2008
    Hi I hope I will be able to begin raising chickens for next spring after moving to North Carolina this coming fall. I found the website for Twin Oaks Poultry Farm in N.C. and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this hatchery as it will be well within driving distance to me.

http://www.twinoakspoultryfarm.com/index.htm

Thank you,
    Cindy

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That is owned by whereswaldo/Toffowner. I suggest if you decide to buy birds from him, you don't have them shipped. Go for pickup so you can see what you're getting. There is a locked and stickied warning at the top of the BST page. Just be aware that Twin Oaks is whereswaldo, same person.

3. Drgnluver

Jan 24, 2008
    Thank you so much for the information, this will be my first chicken purchase and I really need all the info I can get and reviews I can get so I will continue to research before making a decision.

4. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Hang on..there's a second farm by that name in NC unfortunately. Are you moving to the western side of NC or the eastern side? I can tell you from there which you're lookin' at.

Stacy

5. Drgnluver

Jan 24, 2008
    The western side is where we are looking, this hatchery site has a few listing oddities such as double listing bird breeds and some seem to have different pricing on the same bird, and I don't just mean the prices between pullets and st runs either. on the site it lists a po box in Shawboro.

Cindy

6. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Cindy there is a nice, VERY nice one over on the western side of the state. Maybe you came up with a name and then looked for a matching website? I believe that the other site farm doesn't actually have a website that I'm aware of.
    Just stay away from the one on the Eastern side of the state and you're good to go.

Come join our group on yahoo, it's called NCPoultry2 (not too!) . We are just a bunch of people raising our birds, we know about the local hatcheries and MOST of the people on the group are towards the western side of the state, so you'll make some good connects there.

Also, another hatchery is Shook's.

www.geocities.com / shookpoultry/ (take out the spaces). He's got some healthy birds and is pick up only, but prices are really cheap and the birds are good.

Stacy

7. Drgnluver

Jan 24, 2008
    Thank you very much I will join in a bit, and I can use all the help I can get concerning raising chickens etc.

Cindy

8. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Good deal! You're already approved! Now you can ask this there! [​IMG]

Stacy

9. NChayfarm

NChayfarm New Egg

Jun 9, 2009
    oh brother

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by