Has anyone went through Ideal Poultry?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by blue_egg_lover, Mar 22, 2011.

1. blue_egg_lover

blue_egg_lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    I just received an e-mail that my chicks were shipped. But they weren't supposed to shipped until tomorrow and arrive hopefully Thursday. Is this e-mail usually sent the night before and they ship them the following day or could my chicks have been shipped tonight? Now I'm wondering should I expect them tomorrow or still Thursday? They have a long way to travel as I'm NY and they are in Texas.

2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I live in NY - they have never sent me an email!!! I usually get mine on Thursdays, twice last year and once last year with Meyers - all arrived on Thrusday morning, happy and healthy

OK, I don't think you want them to ship on a Wednesday - they may get held up for the weekend - They usually ship on Mondays and Tuesdays, but no later than that. I requested a Wednesday ship date last year, they shipped on Monday. Truthfully, I was VERY glad they did that, since it took three days to get to me

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  3. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Hi there, I went through Ideal and received my email on the 2nd and the chicks shipped on March 3rd and arrived March 4th....8:30AM. All chicks arrived in perfect condition. Good luck with your babies!

4. blue_egg_lover

Feb 9, 2011
    Ok so then it must have been of a reminder because now I got two e-mails from them. So they ship them out in the morning so I should be all set for Thursday. Thanks.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    I ordered ducks from Ideal.....they shipped out last Wednesday and arrived on Friday. I am in Massachusetts. I actually called them on Wednesday afternoon because I hadn't gotten a shipment confirmation yet. Wednesday night they sent it.

6. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    I have only ordered from Ideal and turned out better than better!!!!! Got them the next day after hatch!.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  7. blue_egg_lover

Feb 9, 2011
    As long as I get them before the weekend and they are safe and healthy I'll be happy. I'm rather worried we are getting some nasty weather tomorrow, we might see a lot of snow. I hope not. [​IMG]

8. eastercreek

eastercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Benton, LA
    All of the feed stores in our area order from Ideal except TSC. I have purchased Barred Rocks, EEs, and Production reds from three different stores and they were all very healthy looking at 2 days old. Have a friend who purchased some Jersey Giants from Ideal at another local feed store last year and she loves them. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by