1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has anyone's Hens gone broody yet

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by babyscuz, Mar 2, 2012.

1. babyscuz

babyscuz Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2011
    Hi just wondering if anyone has any broody hen?

2. thumper29a

thumper29a Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    sorry all my girls get right off their eggs, but they share a couple nests so there is always another hen yelling at her to get out

3. thumper29a

thumper29a Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    i hatch in the house

4. babyscuz

babyscuz Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2011
    Yep mine are the same, fingers crossed they'll go broody soon

5. Rocky Road

Rocky Road Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    I have one! after 5 days of her determination I decided to let her keep some of her sister's eggs (as she's not laying right now). So far so good!

6. WVstruttin

WVstruttin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    WV
    Just had a hen hatch 12 of 14 eggs[​IMG] and got another one setting on 15 due to hatch in about 10 days. [​IMG]

7. Rocky Road

Rocky Road Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    I had a second hen joining in . . . so now they have 14 eggs that they split between the two of them. Don't want to give them more because then the eggs will be hatching too far apart :(

8. peafowlmom

peafowlmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Summerville ,SC
    I have Golden Laced Cochin Bantams and 4 have gone broody out of 9. 1 clutch has already hatched. My friend has had about 8 go broody and quite a few hatchings over there. He has all different kinds of chickens, none that are supposed to go broody though. He has like 40 adult chickens.

9. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    My Silver Laced Wynadott has got 2 eggs. And my Black Buff Orpington has 2 eggs too. Never had broodys before. Ive candled them all and the SLW Eggs have babies but the BBO are not fertile, should i swap an egg from the other one?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by