1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has become an illness now!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenCrazed, Jul 23, 2011.

1. ChickenCrazed

ChickenCrazed Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Now I find myself looking at more incubators...I started with a Hovabator and then graduated to the King Suro R Com but I am finding it has eggs in it when I want to buy MORE... [​IMG] Where do I go from here?...Should have just bought a cabinet incubator to start with!... [​IMG]

2. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    Lol i feel you [​IMG]

I want to buy a cabinet but im not aloud ^^

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I know what you mean. Just because I have hatched about over 70 chicks this last year DH says no more. Oh well... do I listen??? No I have 10 in the incubator right now just got done early July hatching 9 and am looking for some Buckeye hatching eggs.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  4. ChickenCrazed

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    I have spent enough money already that I could have bought a cabinet incubator for just a little bit more!...I need a new hobby or a new incubator! [​IMG]

5. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    Lol Im going to save up for one [​IMG]

dont tell no one haha

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Believe me, you're not alone. I have 3 Hovabators & considering how much I've spent on eggs this year with them, I'd be in big trouble with DF if I had one of those big cabinet incubators [​IMG] Doesn't keep me from wanting one, though [​IMG]

7. okiedrifter

okiedrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    I got 2 [​IMG] and it just makes you want more....

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I had 2 Sportsman but sold 1. I love it... Check places like Craigslist for a good used one. That is how I found mine and ended up buying 2.

9. ChickenCrazed

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:Which model do you have?...I would love one...Just imagine how many eggs I could get in that one!... [​IMG]

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    It's an older Sportsman 1202. We did replace the wafer thermostat with a digital thermostat. The digital thermostat does keep the temp much steadier.
    [​IMG]
    The Sportsman I sold had a solid wood door. I like the poly door much better because I like to see the eggs.

I also put it up on a table.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by