has feed gone up in your area

blueseal

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 3, 2008
WALDOBORO MAINE
i got grain today at my feed store they sell Blueseal brand. i buy layer mash and it has gone up 46 cents a bag in the last two weeks . i normally pay $10.75 to $10.79 for a 50lb bag. today it was $11.25 a bag . the other nite on the news the said cattle grain was going up but i guess its all going up.

Yeah, I've noticed it too. The brand of dog food we've always bought for our dog has gone up several dollars for a 50lb bag in the past couple of years.

Quote:
Bull pucky...
lau.gif

What the heck ever here of wars in the middle east, a growing world population of oil consumers? Oil spills in the gulf....
he.gif

It takes fossile fuels to grow and deliver grains..
Heck I only feed 10% corn, maybe corn prices are up because of ethonol , feeds high in corn are garbage anyway IMO.

ON

I bought a 50 pound bag of layer feed from a local feed store for $9.95 back in October.

Earlier this week, I bought the same 50 pound bag of layer feed from the same store for $10.80.

Meantime, two weeks ago, the tag on the shelf for a 50 pound bag of black oil sunflower seed said $17.98.

Knowing that was the best price around, I decided to buy a bag. When I got the bag up to the checkout, it showed up as $20.98 on the computer. I pointed out to the checker that the tag on the shelf said it was $17.98. She did a price check and found that I was correct, so she gave me the bag for $17.98 plus tax.

Before I left, they were already in the process of changing that shelf tag to $20.98.

Last edited:
Our feedstore lady is crazy..she changes prices weekly..
lol.png
First it was $15,then $12,then i forgot then $10,then $16!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom