Has my duckling got a broken wing?

finlay225

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2016
My duckling who is almost 6 weeks old is growing fast. One of it's wings seems to be not developing right. Not sure if it broken? I have attached some pics and would really appreciate your thoughts. It is a cayuga x Aylesbury ?male although not sure. Many thanks Nicola

Omg it looks complicated. I am a total newby, this is my first duckling, he was the only one that hatched. So never heard of angel wing, but definitely looks the same as the pic on thread attached. How long do they need to be wrapped and what are the implications of leaving it? Will he function alright wrapped like this. Many thanks! :)

Omg it looks complicated. I am a total newby, this is my first duckling, he was the only one that hatched. So never heard of angel wing, but definitely looks the same as the pic on thread attached. How long do they need to be wrapped and what are the implications of leaving it? Will he function alright wrapped like this. Many thanks! :)
Usually once you get it wrapped leave it on at least 3-5 days that usually takes care of it. If you leave it it will continue to stick out and it will not cause any problems other than he may get it caught on things. It's basically cosmetic. It's not complicated but it can take some finesse to get the wrap on where he can't get it off. You just want to make sure not to wrap too tight and cut off circulation.If he was mine I would wrap. Chalk it up to a learning experience for any more that may come down with Angle wing in the future.

Thank you so much for your help, greatly appreciated :) I had half a roll of vet wrap in so put the wrap on at the weekend. It managed to stay on for 24 hours before it had slipped down and one of his wings had come. But omg what a difference after just 24 hours! A 75% improvement :D Got some more bandages today so he is wrapped again. Will post you a pic at the end of the week. Thanks again Nicola

Thank you so much for your help, greatly appreciated
smile.png
I had half a roll of vet wrap in so put the wrap on at the weekend. It managed to stay on for 24 hours before it had slipped down and one of his wings had come. But omg what a difference after just 24 hours! A 75% improvement
big_smile.png
Got some more bandages today so he is wrapped again. Will post you a pic at the end of the week. Thanks again Nicola
So exciting it's working yes please post pics end of week..
thumbsup.gif

Hi there! Just had the wrap on for another 24 hours and then it needed to come off again. The wing looked so good so didn't bother renewing the bandage :) here are some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom