Has this ever happened to anyone before?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PippyChicken, Jan 9, 2011.

1. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    I am seriously about to freak out about getting some baby ducks!! [​IMG] I keep on looking at baby duck videos,pictures and everything else and I am just absolutely going CRAZY about getting some more!!!!! [​IMG] I can't persuade my dad to let me get anymore because I have 1 duck and she has 5 little baby chickens but let's face it..she needs a ducky friend!! I wasn't supposed to have her but she hatched out of an egg all by herself.I've already got it ALLLLLL picked out and have them here next week. [​IMG] My mom's kinda anti duck to but I've picked out quite the variety already. My girl I've got right now will be laying in the spring(what I was told),and she's a 7 week old Rouen duck.
    Here's my duckie wonderland.
    1 blue swedish pullet
    1 blue swedish male
    1 rouen duck pullet
    1 rouen duck male
    1 khaki cambell pullet
    & 1 cayuga duck pullet.

There's 2 males just incase something happens to one of them. I mean I've got 6 ducks picked out and it meets the price of $25.00 so someone please tell me that I don't want these ducks and I need to get my mind off of it..I seriously need help here haha [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I CAN'T STAND IT!! I WANT DUCKS!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Boy, have you come to the wrong place to be told NOT to get duckies! We are a bunch of enablers here!
    I'm sorry I can't help you, but I have been bugging the stuffing out of duckluck by continuously telling her that I'M READY TO HATCH DUCKLINGS NOW!!!!
    I hate to tell you this, but I think you may need to be referred to Duckaholics Anonymous...if it works, maybe you can come back and help me out with my need for a duckling fix. [​IMG]

3. PippyChicken

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    i would love to hatch ducklings!! What's Duckaholic's Anonymous?! I think your right..If it will get me the help I need then to go there! I'll get my help then help you!! [​IMG]

4. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Get the ducks

You will love them

5. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Haha just reading this thread is making me want to hatch ducks *Must stop..... temptations!!!!!!*

6. PippyChicken

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    nivtup-I know I will but my parents will MURDER me!! [​IMG]

happyhens-ME TOO! [​IMG]

i am seriously..eh no words to DESCRIBE the feeling!

7. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Wayyy too many drakes (males). Disaster waiting to happen....

You should have 1 Drake to every 3-9 Females.

Good Luck with them! We are enablers [​IMG]

ETA: Never mind....2 drakes to 5 ducks isn't that bad. I misread that [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bet you can't wait to get your own place! Imagine all the ducks you could have!!!!

Come to the dark side my child... come.....

9. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I'd be looking for ways to casually put duckling videos in front of the parents. I imagine they might melt soon enough.

Remember, though - to gain support (I speak from experience), keeping the ducky area relatively clean goes a long, long way! And doing extra chores doesn't hurt, either.

After a while, ducks in my home seem to win people over. The eggs help, too.

(Just learned how to make custard. Wow.)

10. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    You have come to the wrong place [​IMG] Ever duck person on here are big enablers [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by