Has this happened to anyone else?

Lexievans11990

Songster
Aug 18, 2019
North Georgia
I’ve been inside all day doing chores and what not because it’s pretty cold out. My turkeys have been running around and gobbling all day acting normal. I go outside to see them and bring them some bread and all but 4 are gone. 3 of my toms and 7 of my hens. Just gone. Disappeared. It’s been about an hour and I’m doubting that they will come back. There’s no signs of them being attacked by any predators as there’s no feathers anywhere. I’ve tried calling them up and I’ve had no responses. This happened a long time ago with another group of turkeys I had, they all disappeared but 1 did come back. He’s still here and at least he has sense to stay in the yard haha. Has this happened to anyone else? It’s very upsetting, but that’s one of the disadvantages of free range

Yes, all but 2. My pretty white toms are gone :(
I’ve been inside all day doing chores and what not because it’s pretty cold out. My turkeys have been running around and gobbling all day acting normal. I go outside to see them and bring them some bread and all but 4 are gone. 3 of my toms and 7 of my hens. Just gone. Disappeared. It’s been about an hour and I’m doubting that they will come back. There’s no signs of them being attacked by any predators as there’s no feathers anywhere. I’ve tried calling them up and I’ve had no responses. This happened a long time ago with another group of turkeys I had, they all disappeared but 1 did come back. He’s still here and at least he has sense to stay in the yard haha. Has this happened to anyone else? It’s very upsetting, but that’s one of the disadvantages of free range
Yeah, I live in the middle of no where so I never let my turkeys free range. I am afraid they will end up in a tree and never come down 😆

Back
Top Bottom