Has your Hovabator,ever started a fire, Please say yes or no

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happyhens44, Jan 17, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I just got a hovabator and my mom saw how its foam, shes thinking about puttint it in the garage. I wanted to know if yours did, I think there safe... what do you think.

2. Charm1704

Charm1704 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Elgin, Tx
    I have one and it's running in my big bathroom, Location: an incubator is designed to bring normal room temperture to the desired temperture. Room temperture of 60 F or below will reduce the temp in the incubator. Room temp change of 10 F or more will change the temp in the incubator & is more pronounced below a temperture of 70 F. The location of the machine is important to successful operation. A room temperture from 70 to 80F is ideal, and fresh air without drafts is necessary. Be sure no direct sunlight strikes the incubator and that it sets level. A constant room temperture within a few degrees is best. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

First I have to say that anything that plugs in has a fire danger to it. That being said, foam incubators are pretty safe. I have never known one to burn. It needs to be in a room that is stable anyway. If it helps any I was a fireman for 13 years an have a background in electrical an I have several running in my house an don't loose any sleep over them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by