hashimoto's disease- anyone heard of it?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mom 2em All, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I fired my doctor of fifteen years and went to a new one. its a long story, but basically my old doctor got too busy for me, and was no longer giving me quality care or addressing any of my concerns.

This new doctor put me through a variety of tests and besides telling me that I have lungs that are 159 years old- she diagnosed me as having hashimotos' disease. Apparently my own immune system has attacked my thyroid.

anyone else heard of it? [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The name is familiar but I know next to nothing about it. www.webmd.com has a lot of good information in brief......

3. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
  4. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

the name of it sounds like somethin a hippie would have [​IMG]

5. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Quote:heh heh,,, hillbilly, yes, but I dont know about hippie..[​IMG]

(remember I am the one with pole beans growin in my kitchen like houseplants....)

My husband had too much fun with it also. He said he didn't know he had a closet oriental wife....[​IMG]

6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

(remember I am the one with pole beans growin in my kitchen like houseplants....)

My husband had too much fun with it also. He said he didn't know he had a closet oriental wife....[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] that was gonna be my first response [​IMG] [​IMG]

even tho i laugh WITH you,, lol,,, i hope all is good and your new doc is a quack [​IMG]

7. sunbury chick

sunbury chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    Mom 2em all,
    My husband has it.He found out last year,he was so tired all the time he couldn't even funtion.Layed on the couch all day and was just plain exhausted....he's on thyroid meds now.He's 100% better than he was....There's a book called THROID DISEASE for Dummies.It helped .....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  8. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan

[​IMG] [​IMG] that was gonna be my first response [​IMG] [​IMG]

even tho i laugh WITH you,, lol,,, i hope all is good and your new doc is a quack [​IMG]

Its nice to have a name to go with everything I have been experiencing- and not have the doctor think I am a hypochondriac...

so far it doesnt appear to be a life-threatening thing, seems like I can live with it...however, I do NOT like that she found I have very ancient lungs.... and it wasnt from all the natural wacky tobacky i smoked when i was younger...[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  9. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

My sister has Hashimoto's Disease - she also has MS. It's awful when your immune system turns against you [​IMG]

10. Irajoe

Irajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    Wife had it and ended up having to have the thyroid removed...all's well now though. Relatively short rehab.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by