hashimoto's disease- anyone heard of it?

I've had Hashimoto's for over 12 years. It's compounded by the fact that I'm allergic to iodine.
But this is a small problem to my 3 cancers I've had.

I'm a DES daughter. They started checking me for cancer at 12 yrs. old, every 6 mos. I developed cervical cancer twice in my 20's then in my mid 40's I developed breast cancer, stage 3.

I believe that the DES also effected my immune system in more ways than the cancers. I've had other autoimmune disorders, endometriosis and lots of allergies. All in the name of the almighty dollar! Make that buck!!! Drug companies running to promote their newest drug. Well now they can keep making money on me with chemo, arimidex, armour thyroid, and allergy meds.

Sorry for venting. These companies have kind of ticked me off!!

Carmel

I've tried all the thyroid meds out that there, but have found the one that works best for me is made from natural pig thyroid==Armour Thyroid made by Forrest Pharm. You can also get a generic "desicated pig thyroid". Most insurance companies won't pay for it because it is natural, but it has been around longer than any of the synthetics out there.

You have to be careful what Hashi's. Being an autoimmune disease, you are prone to contract another. These dieases seem to come in clusters. Hashi's, Lupus and Fibromialgia (sp?) are just a few of them.

If anyone needs a GREAT Endo in the Charoltte area you have to go see Dr. Gary Rolband at Meck Medical. He is fantastic!!!!

My DD has Hashimoto's. Diagnosed with it late last year. She turns 16 in March. It's been awful. The medicine really doesn't seem to be helping, but also her levels fluctuate constantly. She has blood drawn every 6 weeks....
We're going to a cardiologist soon as well, because she's having heart issues. And according to her sleep study she loses oxygen when she sleeps (but it's not apnea) and they don't know why.

She can't stay awake and last semester she failed 2 classes and made D's in the other 2.
It's very scary and she's been at this so long she's feeling hopeless. Did some counseling already. But it's a medical issue and solving is would resolve the intellection/emotional issues.

I have it too. had it for over 10 years. just taking the synthroid and trying to lose weight, get more exercise, etc..
I was always tired, I found that taking the meds. in the morning separate from other vitamins, has helped. I also take green tea pills, and multi vitamins, b complex.
getting enough sleep really helps too.

I've had Hashimoto's for 22 years. It started about a year after my son was born. Along with it came a bunch of other problems. Just watch your diet, exercise a lot, take your meds, and listen to your body. Chin up, it sounds like your new doctor is going to help you.

Hashimoto?? mhmm sounds like hatchy-more-too . You have to hatch more eggs now? For real never heard of it , but back in germany my friend that was born in Uganda had a little girl that had Kawasaki .

Quote:
Perhaps that's true for some, but not all. Blaming people like my sister, who have other serious autoimmune illnesses, for developing her own thyroid disease is pretty judgemental.

Quote:
Perhaps that's true for some, but not all. Blaming people like my sister, who have other serious autoimmune illnesses, for developing her own thyroid disease is pretty judgemental.

Agreed.
And my daughter has Hashimoto's but is not overweight at ALL.

Back
Top Bottom