Hatch #2!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hlf1996, Sep 27, 2011.

1. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    I am attempting my second hatch, this time from my own chickens. The hens are sexlinks and the roosters are OEGB so who knows what the chicks will look like! They are due to hatch October 18th (Today is day 1.) I am hoping for a better hatch rate than hatch one (1 chick hatched out of 22 eggs--silkies.) I also wish everyone reading this that is in the process of hatching chicks a great hatch rate. Good luck everyone and have fun!

Edit- for hatch date (cattitude yes you are right [​IMG] thanks for pointing that out for me)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Wouldn't Day 18 (lockdown) be on Oct 15 and hatch be on Oct 18? Maybe your fingers slipped when typing the date.

The chicks will be beautiful! All those marvelous genes in wild combinations. Be sure to post pics when they hatch; good luck! [​IMG]

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I put some eggs in my incubator on Sept. 18th and they should hatch on Oct. 9th. I put more eggs in today and they should hatch on Oct.18th. Next week I'll put another tray in the incubator. I'm doing staggered hatches.

4. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Thanks Cattitude, I will be sure to post pictures [​IMG]. And I wish you luck cmom! What breeds will they be?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by