Sebright & Japanese bantam Hatch-a-long

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
Isbe has been broody for a day! I think thats a good sign shes committed.
I have a strong feeling if she leaves the nest (to forage, eat, etc.) she will leave it and not come back. The reason im saying this is because they tend to act broody, and rizo was actually on the nest acting broody for like 4 hours, then left and didn’t ever come back.

Do you think she would come back, or no?

I planned on getting her 12 sebright eggs that most or some are mixes. So not expecting pure sebrights for $15

But then, yesterday, i got 6 instead, because the 12 was a 2 hour drive one way, and getting her a friend was a 2 hour drive, so 8 hour drive right there! But we found out the person selling the chicks, sold eggs, so we did that instead.

I ended up getting 2 silver Sebright eggs, 4 black tailed Japanese bantam eggs, and a Japanese bantam pullet, and silver Sebright pullet!

My tiny bantam collection is growing!

Anyway, join the hatch a long! We won’t get rid of these, and most likely won’t get rid of the roosters.

I planned on getting a gold sebright, aswell. But then i second thought it.. Sebrights are pretty rare here, and we wanted to try a shot at breeding them if all works well when they get older and we get a rooster (because we WILL get atleast one in this hatch)
So, what would we do with one gold one? We can’t breed it. No matter if its a rooster or a hen, we can’t do any breeding with it. So we figured instead of 2 silver sebrights, 3 gold, 3 japanese, just add a extra japanese and get a extra silver pullet.

*I added the eggs under Isbe yesterday night. She actually hasn’t been off the nest yet, for 3 days. So im bringing food to her. I think if she leaves she wouldn’t get back on.*

So pick your egg! Each person can pick one egg, unless i say otherwise.

#1 (Silver sebright)
#2 (Silver sebright)
#3 (Japanese bantam)
#4 (Japanese bantam)
#5 (Japanese bantam
#6 (Japanese bantam)

Come join the hatch-a-long :frow

You can name your egg/chick, but me and my family wanted to name them, so that will be just something for you to call it by, not its actual name. (Hopefully that made sense.)

@Weeg @The-White-Elephant @cherrynberry

Last edited:
Hey Poppy! Following! This is exciting.

Why are you getting rid of Vanilla?!? :( He's so pretty and fluffy, so much better than when you got him. He's beautiful 🥲

Hope you get a broody soon!
:frow

I know! I loved Vanilla and he got so cute. His crows were awful though, and right next to my bedroom window. He was also not even a silkie, not sure what the heck he was. Not the right skintone of face, had some normalish feathering and silkie feathering, weird coloring and skin. We just decided to give him away.

Isbe has been broody for a day! I think thats a good sign shes committed.
I have a strong feeling if she leaves the nest (to forage, eat, etc.) she will leave it and not come back. The reason im saying this is because they tend to act broody, and rizo was actually on the nest acting broody for like 4 hours, then left and didn’t ever come back.

Do you think she would come back, or no?

I planned on getting her 12 sebright eggs that most or some are mixes. So not expecting pure sebrights for $15

But then, yesterday, i got 6 instead, because the 12 was a 2 hour drive one way, and getting her a friend was a 2 hour drive, so 8 hour drive right there! But we found out the person selling the chicks, sold eggs, so we did that instead.

I ended up getting 2 silver Sebright eggs, 4 black tailed Japanese bantam eggs, and a Japanese bantam pullet, and silver Sebright pullet!

My tiny bantam collection is growing!

Anyway, join the hatch a long! We won’t get rid of these, and most likely won’t get rid of the roosters.

I planned on getting a gold sebright, aswell. But then i second thought it.. Sebrights are pretty rare here, and we wanted to try a shot at breeding them if all works well when they get older and we get a rooster (because we WILL get atleast one in this hatch)
So, what would we do with one gold one? We can’t breed it. No matter if its a rooster or a hen, we can’t do any breeding with it. So we figured instead of 2 silver sebrights, 3 gold, 3 japanese, just add a extra japanese and get a extra silver pullet.

*I added the eggs under Isbe yesterday night. She actually hasn’t been off the nest yet, for 3 days. So im bringing food to her. I think if she leaves she wouldn’t get back on.*

So pick your egg! Each person can pick one egg, unless i say otherwise.

#1 (Silver sebright)
#2 (Silver sebright)
#3 (Japanese bantam)
#4 (Japanese bantam)
#5 (Japanese bantam
#6 (Japanese bantam)

Come join the hatch-a-long :frow

You can name your egg/chick, but me and my family wanted to name them, so that will be just something for you to call it by, not its actual name. (Hopefully that made sense.)

@Weeg @The-White-Elephant @cherrynberry
Could I adopt the sebright egg?

Back
Top Bottom