Hatch Along 4th of March?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Axle Quails, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    Anyone Wanna hatch along for 4th of march it is a sunday

And im setting another 21 eggs of pekin bantams :) and it is tonight :)
    Please comment to say your Joining and Keep each other informed of fertility and Hatch's :)

2. meshellrose

meshellrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Arkansas
    I set some to hatch the 4th..the others are muscovy ducks so that will be quite a bit longer. Hoping I get chickies as this is my first time :)

3. Belinda's Funny Farm

Belinda's Funny Farm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2010
    Texas
    I'll join. I put 20 Delawares and 4 Organic Free Range brown store bought eggs in incubator today for a March 3rd hatch. I have been gathering my Delaware eggs and only got 20 by today so added the other 4 to finish filling the incubator. Not holding out much hope for them but it felt better then leaving 4 spots empty.

4. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Thanks and hope your chicks hatch :)

And we keep each other informed with fertility :) and hatch rates

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I set 18 barnyard mix eggs yesterday in my homemade incubator. The eggs came from a fellow byc member. This is my first hatch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Hope you have a Good hatch in your home made incubator :)
    And lets hope you have some cute chick's hatch :)

Mine all are pekin bantams.. i would some day do big chickens :)

7. Jed

Jed Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2010
    I set 12 White Leghorn and 12 RIR due to hatch March 4th as well. This is my second time hatching. This time around, I made the incubator out of a 10 gallon fish aquarium so that I could see all the action better during hatching. When does everyone candle the first time? Good luck to all!

8. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    On The 7th day so the 17th :).. i like watching them hatch is so amazing how a chick gets out of a small egg :) Hope your hatch goes alright and fertility

9. Jed

Jed Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2010
    Day 7 seems like so far away. The first time I hatched eggs, I remember having the urge to candle every time I turned the eggs.

Sunny - What did you make your incubator out of? It appears to be an aquarium or something similar. Have you had good luck hatching in it in the past?

10. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:
    I made it out of a ten gallon aquarium. To see more pictures, go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/628541/just-set-my-first-eggs-follow-my-progress-here
    I am very worried at the moment. I have a woodstove that heats the house and during the night it went out. It ended up getting really cold in the morning and when I looked at the incubator at 4:00 AM the tempature was only 90! I freaked out and turned up my dimmer switch. Today I am going to add foam insulation on the sides of the bator to help hold the heat in. [​IMG]This is my first hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by