Hatch along with me!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by abellchicken, Oct 25, 2010.

1. abellchicken

abellchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Chesterfield
    I just set 28 eggs around 5pm this afternoon. These is my first hatch ever. [​IMG] I hope it goes well. I am hoping for atleast half. Then I bet half of those will be male, but I don't care. I am so excited and it is 3 weeks away.

2. bwhite28

bwhite28 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2007
    Southeastern PA
    Goooooood Luck !!!!! [​IMG] What kind of incubator are you using?

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I've got eggs already set and will gladly hatch along with you. My first hatch wasn't all that long ago! I'm still happy if ANY eggs hatch, much less knowing I'll get at least half males. [​IMG]

4. growinupinfl

growinupinfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Pensacola
    Whooo hooo we just started our first batch in our first incubator... We started 23 eggs at 7pm tonight, we are wanting to see who will be the more successful, us or our two sitting hens. I'm thinking the opposable thumbs gives us an edge. My daughter thinks the thousands of years of instinct will give the hens and edge. In 21 days we will see who reigns victorious! I guess we can wait together to see how it turns out..

Christal

5. abellchicken

Mar 17, 2010
    Chesterfield
    I am hatching with a Hova-bator 1583. It has a fan and is holding steady at 99.1 and 55% humidty. Is that OK?

6. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I'll be setting 18 Silkie eggs tonight.

7. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Quote:Humidity 40-55% would be fine. There are a lot of people don't bother with water in the tray until the lock down.

8. abellchicken

Mar 17, 2010
    Chesterfield
    I just put in another 17 eggs. I know that they will be 2 days behind the other, but that should be ok right?

9. chikincrazee

chikincrazee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    IL
    Hi waiting on some shipped silkie eggs so if they are not scrambled will hatch along with you...just hatched out 10 little nankins so cute and great incubator chicks all hatched but 1...have a brinsea eco 20 incubator..what do you all have....happy bating [​IMG]

10. abellchicken

Mar 17, 2010
    Chesterfield
    Wish I had a brinsea eco [​IMG] , but just can not afford one right now. I have heard they are great. Glad to have you along for the ride. I know that all mine won't hatch and that is ok. I need a little room in the incubator. It is pretty tight in there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by