1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatch Buddies for October 19?? UPDATE!!! 2Pipping 1 HATCHED PICTURE!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GAChknGirl, Oct 4, 2009.

1. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Im am due to hatch frizzle cochins and Eastereggers!! On October 19th!!

I candled yesterday and 17 show Veins the others we are going to give some time before we take them out we are starting with 28!

10/18/09- 2 Pipping EE
    1 frizzle HATCHED!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Close...mine are October 15th [​IMG]

3. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

Mine are due October 19th/20th. We lost our awesome roo last week, and we decided to try and hatch a few eggs from his favorite girls. They are just EE's, and some possible EE crosses. The awesome bycer who let me borrow an incubator also gave me 4 blue orpington bantams to throw in there. Hopefully all goes well. I've never hatched before.

Bluemoon

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    My guineas are due to hatch on October 19th. Today my D'uccles and my Columbian Wyandottes are hatching! YAY!!

Laurie

5. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    have frizzles and modern games due the 16th

i love frizzles and im so glad your hatching them

6. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:This will be my first!!! Whoo hoo!!

7. darbella

darbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have a dozen of my BY mixes due the 18th. the roo is a sebrite and I have 2 sebrite hens, but there is a black cochin hen and 1 mutt hen also. The last egg I hatchhed from teh SB/cochin is the smallest chick. It is even smaller than my serama chicks that hatched 2 weeks after she did!

8. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

Well, I candled tonight for the first time ever.

Blue and Green eggs I couldn't see well thru, but they didn't look clear. Most of the brown eggs I could see some type of veins. Two of the brown eggs I saw more [​IMG] One I saw eyes, and the other was moving. [​IMG]

I also have 4 blue orp bantam eggs, and it looks like maybe two have possible blood rings. I marked those and will keep an eye on them since I wasn't 100 percent positive.

So hopefully in a few days, I'll be able to see more in the others I wasn't sure on, but not bad for my first time [​IMG]

Bluemoon

9. neferset

neferset Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I am expecting hatchings on the 16th, 18, 19th, and 23rd so I'll be right there with you and I'll be locking down two bators. I saw veins and little heartbeats and movement a couple of days ago in chicken, duck, and goose eggs.

I have the opposite problem. I can see in the blue eggs just fine, but the brown are too dark for me.

Edited to Update: I just candled everyone and...Some of the brown eggs are developing. I can see shadows moving in some and others, I can sort of see the veins too. I had worried about them. I want them to hatch pretty badly so I can find out who laid them. lol (Just wait until I can see something in the Cuckoo Maran eggs. I'll be celebrating.)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  10. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Getting Close!!!!! I Have at least 14 that should hatch and i have to candle again for sure on friday!!!! WHOO HOO!! I CANT WaIT!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by