**Hatch complete+Pic**-Day 22 for 3 in wiperbator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Farmer Kitty, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I just moved three eggs into the wiperbator for lockdown to hatch. Temp and humidity are running good. I candled the eggs and they all three are not as full as I would expect. They all had good veining and were moving around. Temps and humidity in the incubator have run good so, I'm not sure why they are smaller.Hopefully they do okay. [​IMG]

For those who missed my thread when I made it here is the wiperbator. It is made from an old diaper wipe warmer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (The eggs shown here were being started in the wiperbator until the incubator was available after a hatch-they were not hatched in there). This is the first time I have used the wiperbator for hatching.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Hope you ahve a good hatch! Let us know how it goes.

I've got 4 silkie eggs in the hatcher yesterday - one is already out this morning, another is zipping, one more pip and one with nothing yet... [​IMG]

3. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:You're killing me! I have a hatch of 9 on day 21 with 2 pips. One was pipped when we got up at 4 this morning. I can see it's beak moving so it's okay-just tormenting me!

4. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    It's day 20. Temps and humidity are holding good. They have chicks in the fish tank brooder on one side of them and chicks still hatching in the skillet (day 23) on the other side of them. Plenty of incouragement. I hope when these start they don't torment me like their siblings in the skillet have!

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You crack me up, Kitty! What else are you going to use for your McGuyver hatching eggs? Good luck with your hatch! [​IMG]

6. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:What? What's the difference between my wiper bator and your ice chest bator, besides size?

7. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I would have never thought of a wipe-bator. LOL Youhave me doing a mental inventory of everything in my house that produces heat. LOL

8. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Look at the pics again. It uses a lightbulb for heat! [​IMG]

9. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Is that a 4 or 7 watt bulb?

10. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:7 watt and I have it on a dimmer (the kind you plug a lamp in).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by