Hatch complete, PICS page 5

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sara, Feb 6, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I checked the eggs before I felt for the dr. this morning, no pips. I was gone two hours, came back, little chickie! Can't tell what it is beacause the writing on the egg is not where I can see it. [​IMG] I think today is day 20, so hopefully more pip. I alway get so nervous waiting for them to hatch. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    way to go Sara!! keep us posted and be sure to add pics. [​IMG]

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I like the unexpected surprises [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yippee!! I'll be checking for updates, Sara! [​IMG]

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Still no other pips. I set them on Jan. 17th at about 10 am. So tomorrow at 10 am is day 21 right? I get so confused sometimes. It's a blue orp/buff brahma cross, I just saw the fuzzy feet when I was downstairs. [​IMG] Sometimes I think I shouldn't hatch because I can't deal with the worry the last 2 days or so..

6. speckledhen

I have two of those crosses myself. They are very large chicks! My pullet is solid black, so far, and my cockerel is blue with gold feathers, both very chunky and pretty and both with feathered legs. Your Orp/Brahmas will have pea combs, too.
    You're correct that tomorrow is Day 21.

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:If that's true than I would say my 100% cockerel hatch rate is probably going to continue, cause this chick is blue.. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Well, not all the cockerels are blue, Sara! But they do all get gold feathers. SO, it could still be a girl.

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

[​IMG] Opps, just saw the words blue..buff brahama/blue orp cross, and cockerel, and my brain rushed to conlusions.

Nothing new to report.. I hope I don't wind up with a lone baby. [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

ZuniBee got a beautiful black cockerel with gold. Its just the gold that's the link, not whether it's blue or black, so relax! They are very strong chicks, that's for certain, the epitomy of "hybrid vigor".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by