1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatch Complete w/Specklehens Eggs*PICS*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Heidi, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Today is day 18 for 10 ameraucana eggs and 6 blue orpingtons. The temp is still running a bit low after taking the eggs out of the bator to remove the turner. I am carefully monitoring the temp/humidity and hoping they get back up where they belong real quick. Hopefully Friday I have lots of babies running around. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That's good news, Heidi! I'll have to live vicariously through you and the other wonderful people hatching babies from my crew since mine are only on Days 12 & 9. Crossing fingers for an excellent hatch for you! Pics, of course, will be required, LOL. [​IMG]

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    blue orps......oooooooooo [​IMG]

4. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    good luck .. keep us posted .

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Jeopardy Theme..................

Oh those last three days, the anxiety, sleepless nights.....

Didn't she tell you Blu Orps take 25 days??? JUST KIDDING!!!

PurpleChicken, Pround owner of 4 week old Blue & Splash Orps. [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

Yes, and I'm rather jealous of that splash baby you hatched, PC. Cara got one, too. If Heidi hatches a splash, I'm going to have to figure out why I'm always mailing off my Splash Orp eggs! [​IMG]

7. Heidi

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    As of right now I have 2 of Charlottes, 1 of Silvers, 1 no name on egg (guess Cyn didn't see who laid that one [​IMG]), and 1 of Skyes eggs rocking and it is the end of day 18. AMAZING!!!

8. speckledhen

You're right, Heidi-if there was no name, I wasn't sure who laid it. Right now, I'm trying to keep sort of a casual record of whose eggs hatch best, so that's why the names on each one.
    I love it when they rock all over on Day 18! Usually, I have a couple that start dancing the day I move them to the hatcher.

9. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Crossed fingers & prayers coming your way for another awesome hatch, Hatcher Heidi!!! Can't WAIT to see the gorgeous Suedelettes and Scoutlettes!

10. Heidi

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Cyn are you telling me you have better things to do then sit in the coop and watch who lays what eggs? LOL I was pleasantly surprised on all of the names penciled in on the eggs. In my opinion, you are one of the best breeders in these 50 states. You go far beyond the norm. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by