Hatch date over

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stillmecle, Nov 6, 2011.

1. stillmecle

stillmecle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    My hatch date was yesterday. There was wiggling yesterday but none today. These are Roeon and Buff duck eggs. My temperature is at 99.5 and humidity is staying between 75 and 80. I am using a still air incubator. What do I do and how long over can they go? This is my first time hatching.

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    It can take a few extra days. My eggs are two days late, and many haven't even hatched yet, even though they all were alive when I candled a few days back. Give them some time. [​IMG] Good luck!

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:I would hold out for a few more days... candle and look for movement ... yesterday were the eggs rocking or did you candle and see the movement?

4. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    I would give them a few more days.

Still air should be around 101. So they may be a few days longer if incubated at a lower temp.

5. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    Once on lockdown I am not suppose to open the lid, am I?

6. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    You should avoid it as much as possible.

7. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Temperature: 99.5 is for a fan assisted bator, but a still air one should be higher, something like 101.5 measured at the level of the tops of the eggs. So if your temps have been steady at 99.5 throughout the incubation, they've been lower than they should have been, which will likely have slowed down the development of your ducklings. Don't panic and don't change your temps now, but be aware that you could be in for a late hatch...

8. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    What should my humidity be at or is it fine where it is between 75 to 80. I still have not seen any movement today.

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:I agree...

10. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    Ok well thank you everybody. Being a first time mom of baby in the shell ducks I can use all the help I can get. I will keep you all informed how it goes the next few days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by