Hatch Day 21: No Signs of anything...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by peej, Jun 2, 2011.

1. peej

peej Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    I ordered some eggs from a user here on BYC, 13 Buff Orphington eggs arrived intact and I let them sit. I placed them in the incubator that has been at a constant temperature and constant humid (until day 18 I pumped it up!). It has a automatic rotator and on day 18 I took out the rotator and added more water and put the incubator on "lock down", It is now day 22 and no signs or anything happening with the eggs?!

Anything will help! Please feed me with some more information on what to do!

Thanks!

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Have you candled at all? Shipping may have caused a problem or they could possibly start hatching today...I hope! [​IMG]

3. Aj1911

Aj1911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    my hatching eggs under my broody hen didnt hatch and they were well packed and shipped, think the USPS might be too rough on them sadly [​IMG]

4. chickens112

chickens112 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Cuero Tx
    Yes try candling a few. Hopefully it will look very dark inside and you can maybe see the outline of a baby chick. Wish ya the best of luck!!

5. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    what was the humidity, humidity is just as important as temperature, dont underestimate it

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have some chicks hatch a couple of days early and some a couple of days late.

7. peej

peej Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    The humid was always kept around 40% then I pumped up to 65% on the 18th day

8. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

What kind of incubator are you using? If it was a Little Giant, I wouldn't expect very good results. I've gone thru a doz fertile eggs 3 different times and only got 2 chix.

9. peej

peej Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    yeah what is a good incubator that everyone uses?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by