Hatch Day help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TarHeelBlue, Jan 27, 2011.

1. TarHeelBlue

TarHeelBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    OK, first time doing this and I am a wreck. No luck with the first two eggs and last nite began day 21. No sign of anything this morning. I know I should have more patience, but the fact that the first two eggs I tried didn't hatch isn't giving me any confidence. the temp in my Little Giant is 101 - 102 at the top of the egg and 99 at the bottom, I am keeping my humidity between 60 and 70% (although at first it was in the high 50"s. The temp in my bator for the first 18 days was 99.5 with a humidity of 50% (Brinsea octo 20 advance) I want to go home and just sit and watch them LOL, but gotta work. Is there anything else I should be doing?? If I only get one or two this time I will do the happy dance (I have 12 that are due now.)
    Any ideas????[​IMG]

2. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Looks like you've done everything right.. Really, it could just be the condition of the eggs, and that is often out of our control. Have you candled them?

3. TarHeelBlue

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    Yes. I candled them prior to putting them in at 18 days. (I also did it the next day which I have been told was the WRONG thing to do. but the temp in the bator and humidity didn't drop too much and came back up pretty quickly) I know that there are prob 2 or 3 that I am sure won't hatch. When should I start getting worried? I do so want this to go well. I love my chicks.

4. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:I usually candle mine around day 7 then at lockdown, day 18... Sit tight you may have pips when you get home, I find one minute you look nothing, then a few minutes later a pip.... It happens so quick. Happy hatching vibes sent your way [​IMG]

5. TarHeelBlue

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    Thanks so much Teresa!!!!!! and everyone else. [​IMG] I'll let you guys know what I find tonight. Hope I look like this -[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  6. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    well the day is half way over - won't be long now - don't get a speeding ticket on the way home!!!!

[​IMG]

7. ajacskr

ajacskr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Talbott, TN
    Quote:[​IMG]

I know what you mean. [​IMG] I got up this morning and had 3 chicks that had hatched overnight and 31 more in the inky. CAN NOT wait till I get home to see how many more have decided to suprise me.

This is my 3rd hatch and the first 2 did not hatch till day 22 and 23. So I was suprised to have 3 fuzzy butts when I woke. [​IMG]

GOOD LUCK with your hatch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by