hatch day is monday 8-31...look what i have... now with baby pics!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by andrea98, Aug 30, 2009.

1. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    here is my first baby temp is 99.7 & humidity is 62%
    [​IMG]
    these are my pips..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] this ona hatche already
    the one with the broody has hatched but i dont have a pic yet dont wanna bother her. i think im gonna put them all in with her.

what is the dark brown egg & the other isnt white but very light brown almost like a cream ...the chickens i got them from are barred rock & the other is a buff orp...& i know my green ones are EE...they are hatchery birds & the guy i got the eggs from said they were ameracunna sp?

*to change title

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] Congrats!!! If the baby hatched is from a barred rock egg, it appears to be a pullet. Of couse that's pending a better lit picture when she/he's fluffy and dry.

3. sweet tweets

sweet tweets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    How eggciting!

[​IMG]

4. andrea98

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    ok the one outside is out of a light egg & it is black / a white spot on the back of the head .. looks like it has a comb already tho lol

5. andrea98

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    Quote:the one is from an ee ( green egg) & its comb area is all flat & wide .. i will add new pics tomorrow. they are panting in the bator & its only 98 - 99 in there..how long before i take em out? i want to put em with my broody but its gonna be cold tonight & i have to work so i will not beable to make sure she will keep em under her..i believe she will but i would rather not have chick-sicle when i get home in the morning

6. andrea98

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    ok i have pics now..any one know what kind they are ..there is only one EE & there are buff orps & barred rocks, who is who. how long does she sit on them? she is only an american game bantam so room is going to run out fast lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    my brooder box

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    What beautiful babies, and mom looks just like my Duchess, I'll bet she'll be a great and protective mommy!

8. andrea98

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    yes she is ..as i have been bit a few hundred times , but i want those babies to be use to people & she is just gonna have to like it lol. i just wish she would eat more she has lost alot of weight & i have only seen her eat a few pieces of corn & a few starter crumbles & very little water. i am really enjoying the whiole broody thing she was great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by