Hatch Day malfunction

raisedinabarnes

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 20, 2013
Today is Hatch day for me. I had begun incubating 24 eggs 21 days ago. 5 days ago I candled and pulled out 8 eggs that were not viable. I have 16 left. One pipped early this morning, not sure what time originally, but I saw it at 8 AM and it was looking really healthy. I could see the beak and it was peeping. Then about 15 minutes ago it looked like the egg was leaking brown liquid and a blob of goo was surrounding the beak. I could only see the tiny tip. WHAT HAPPENED?? So far there is one other egg that only has the first pip.

Temp is 99 degrees and humidity is about 80%.

Tried that. There is way too much. Maybe the sac was not fully absorbed? I also tried to remove just a tiny bit of the shell. I don't think that is going to help it. Poor little soul.

Does it stink? if so it could be rotting due to 101 reasons. I have help hatch chicks and ran across this once in some shipped hatching eggs that the postman kept instead of knocking on my door (post office was freezing cold) not one hatched out right. also what breed are they if you know

It does not stink, and it is still breathing. I picked up the eggs from the hatchery myself. They are Golden Comet eggs. There are 4 other pipped eggs as far as I can tell, but no other action yet. Patiently waiting!

Well if it does not stink and it's breathing still I would not worry to much but do keep a eye on it. if you feel you need to help hatch there is a great thread here on byc it helped me.

Back
Top Bottom