Hatch Day!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by williamsl77, Jan 30, 2012.

1. williamsl77

williamsl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2011
    Northeast
    Alrighty... its hatch day again!! No pips yet, but I think my temperature was a smidge too low for the first couple of weeks. I think it was more at 98.5 instead of 99.5. On day 18, I candled and had 20+ active babies, though. (That's most of them, only 3-4 that I wasn't totally sure about). So I'm thinking that they may just hatch a little late?

Waiting.... or labor sitting, I suppose. 8) Good thing I have to go to work today.

2. Me & Jack

Me & Jack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    NC
    Quote: You know, of course, they'll all pip and hatch before you get home. But if you had the day off it would be midnight before they'd start -- just to aggravate you! [​IMG]

LOL

3. williamsl77

Sep 15, 2011
    Northeast
    Isn't that the truth? I kind of hope they all pip and hatch while I'm not looking, though, cause it's a lot less stressful!!!

8)

4. naturespace

naturespace Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2011
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I work from home and it's day 22. Just a few peeps and no pips. Plus, i had my days messed up and thought yesterday was day 22 so i had an extra day of worry.
    Between meetings, i've been bringing my laptop down to the incubator and waiting.

A watched egg never pips...[​IMG]

5. williamsl77

Sep 15, 2011
    Northeast
    No pips here yet either. I am still at work but had my babysitter go take a peek. Wonder what the deal is!!

6. naturespace

Dec 8, 2011
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    we must both have had our temp a bit low. Do you have anyone chirping inside the eggs? Mine just started last night. (day 21)

7. williamsl77

Sep 15, 2011
    Northeast
    I haven't checked since I've been at work... wish I could! Oh, well... it will have to be what it is!

8. Me & Jack

Me & Jack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    NC
    Waiting for you to post as soon as you get home. [​IMG]

9. naturespace

Dec 8, 2011
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I got a pip at 3:52pm ET. It's been making progress. No other pips yet. I really hope I get at least two. I don't think the feed stores have any babies yet.

10. williamsl77

Sep 15, 2011
    Northeast
    I had 3 pips when I got home last night. Three hatched this morning and it looks like 2-3 more pipped this morning. I have 20+ eggs in, so I hope more come than that. We are a day late, though I'm not surprised since I figured out two weeks in that temps were a little low.

How did the rest of your hatch go??? What breed do you have hatching?

I'm off today, so between taking care of the kids, I can go stare at the incubator. 8)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by