Hatch did not turn out

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lilshadow, Feb 24, 2008.

1. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    So, I tried my first hatch. It didn't work. I put four eggs in my still air bator, and I am on day 16. Candeled and nothing so I cracked them open and just running eggs. I am assuming they were not fertile. I did see a bulls eye on one though, but nothing more. Oh well, I will just try again when it gets warmer. Maybe it will work then.

2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Sorry to hear about that. I'm sure the next time you will have better luck.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Bummer - I'm sorry! [​IMG]

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Try again and don't give up!!.....

5. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    Where did you get your eggs? How do you know if they were fertile?

6. lilshadow

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    I got them from my girls..I have 5 red sex links and 10 australorps. Well I don't know that they were fertile, but I do know that Tuck has been doing his business with the girls. I just assumed they would be fertile since he has been doing that.

7. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    If there pue australorps I would love to help you test a batch of eggs in my bactor. I would be more then happy to pay for them.
    Shelly

8. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

lilshadow,
    I know the feeling I'm so sorry it didn't work. How long has he been doing his job? Keep trying, heck I am on my 5th try. Nothing yet. The first three were from shipped eggs, as I didn't have a rooster. Now I am trying my own eggs as I have seen my rooster doing his thing with the girls. Good luck!

9. lilshadow

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    K&H Chicken Farm :

If there pue australorps I would love to help you test a batch of eggs in my bactor. I would be more then happy to pay for them.
    Shelly

How can you tell if they are pure? I have pics if you would like to see them I will post them on this thread.​

10. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Sorry about your hatch, I know exactly how you feel, like they said, Keep trying!!!! After three attempts with shipped eggs I finally had four hatch now I have some of my eggs in the bator. Good luck next time, it'll happen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by