hatch due day after Christmas!! anyone with me??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ajcress, Dec 10, 2011.

1. ajcress

ajcress Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    today is day 4 for the eggs... 3 more days to candle and hopefully I will find out how many fertile growing eggs I have!! I cannot wait. so excited!
    I have 9 bbs ameraucana eggs from lavenderorpgirl and 17 EE tester eggs and 2 pure lavender ameraucana eggs from sonew123. If you are due to hatch around the same time join in on the fun! post pics and updates here!!!

2. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
  3. I set some eggs "13" due to hatch the 28th and 1 the 29 and 1 the 30th.

4. ajcress

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    Quote:What breed did you set?

5. billiejo21

billiejo21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Iowa
    I set some light brahmas and day 21 will fall on the 26th....anxiously awaiting Monday to candle and see how we are doing!! Also set some cochins today, so they'll be ready right around new years...hopefully I'll have new years and christmas babies this year!! YEAH!!!

6. ajcress

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    Quote:thats exciting!! I want some Dark Brahmas soooo bad but need around 2 dozen just to make sure I get a good hatch....they are so beautiful... I have fbcms now and soon hope to get a mixture of blues from them when they start to lay again.. and of course the ameracaunas in the bator... the dark brahmas to go then I will have the 3 breeds my boys and I have been wanting...
    Do you plan to post pictures when you candle? I think I am going to try... I am not sure how to post them on here... i didnt even know how to get my avitar posted m=someone on here helped me....im sure there is directions on here somewhere... that is if i can find quiet time to actually read it and understand..kinds hard withthe boys and of course the DH!! good thing the eggs aren't sensitive to sound....I'd never hatch anything!!!lol:lol:

7. Quote:What breed did you set?

I set:

3 Lavender Standard Orpington eggs, 4- 75% large English Blue Orpington Eggs, 4 Lavender/Blue Wheaten Bantam Ameraucana eggs, 2 Silkie Bantam Cochin Cross eggs. hatch (28th)

1 Lavender/Blue Wheaten Bantam Ameraucana egg. hatch (29th)

1 Lavender/Blue Wheaten Bantam Ameraucana egg. hatch (30th)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by