Hatch has started!!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Turkeyrangler, May 31, 2010.

1. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    I set these eggs on May 3, 2010 around 4:30pm. At around 9 this morning I noticed the first two pips. I have five eggs. By 11a I had one out with the other started to zip. Nothing from the other three yet. I'm keeping the lid closed. Taped it shut just to be sure. Temp is at 99 with the humidity about 65-70%. VERY, VERY COOL!!

here are a few pics

the pips
    [​IMG]

Hatched
    [​IMG]

Up and looking around...looks healthy as far as I can tell
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Congratulations! [​IMG] I just got the first three for this year this morning.

3. Turkeyrangler

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    Still have only one chick out. The second that was pipped this morning is has completely zipped, took 4 hours to zip. Just hasn't pushed out yet. Is this something to be concerned about? First time trying to hatch since I helped my grandma 45 years ago. It is still peeping so I know it's alive. I was tempted to take it out and help it, but I'm glad I didn't I just noticed another egg has started to pip. Guess I'll have to sit on my hand and wait.

4. Turkeyrangler

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    Number 2 hatched at 5:15pm. Looking good so far.

more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ignore the thermometer..temp is off by 5 degrees

BTW...How long does it take them to get on their feet. the one that hatched this morning is still not up walking. He/she gets around just fine, but hasn't stood all the way up yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by