hatch progress with pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BairleaFarm, Aug 17, 2011.

1. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Im almost as excited as when my kids were born. Chick number two. I had someone ask about my hatching racks. I dont have any because this incubator wasnt supposed to hatch. Well i didnt get my hatcher built in time so i was forced to hatch with what ive got. I am worried about injured chicks. There is no edge to my eggs racks so a chick could roll over and fall about 23" If i open the door grab a chick and close the door my humidity only drops 2% and takes aabout a minute to get back to normal. I have a feeling the deep bator holds the temp and humidity quit well. Its not ideal but currently its all ive got. The hatcher is built but i could get the temps right so everything will be ok next hatch.

[​IMG]

2. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    I see, that's very cool! I'll have to see the update when you do a hatch rack, because I'd be very interested in a similar type set up. Hopefully all hatch out ok where they're at now. Good luck! [​IMG]

3. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    A couple more hatched but one died. It looked like its innerds were on the out side. So far 3 live peeps

4. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    I must say the big door was a great idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    That large window door is a great idea! [​IMG] you have many more healthy chicks to come!

6. rsepiphyte

rsepiphyte Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Ky.
    Love the pics! Looks like the kids are having fun. Ruth

7. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Thanks. Havent gotten a pip one from the welsumers [​IMG] . Had another die while hatching. have a few left. Came home from my mothers to find a ton of ID band in the tub. Seems they didnt stay on their legs very well lol.

[​IMG]

8. northernturkeys

northernturkeys New Egg

Jul 9, 2011
    Awesome! Kids are havin' a blast, I guess!!! Is anyone in your house getting any sleep tonite?

9. northernturkeys

northernturkeys New Egg

Jul 9, 2011
    How many are you up to now?

10. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    11 out of 97

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by