Hatch question????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shangri-lafarms, Sep 1, 2008.

1. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    This is my first hatch ever today is day 21 with no pips in the remaining 3 eggs. One pipped and zipped yesterday and is out and doing well so far in the bator, should I leave the chick in there? I have the brooder ready, the chick is running all around the bator if I had other pips I would just leave him/her in there but I'm nt sure if these others will hatch or not, there was movement in all 3 on day 18 when I candled, i just don't want to open the bator and mess things up...Any and all advice always appreciated...[​IMG]

2. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    I'd say if you don't have any other pips, reach in there and pull her out (just crack the lid if you can), my bator took less than a minute to build back up the humidity again. If you're concerned about it, you can always add extra warm water while the top is off, then leave it closed tight until those other eggs hatch.

3. mark3208

mark3208 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2008
    ohio
    If it has been in there since yesterday, would take it out,just do it quickly,the other ones are either going to hatch ,or not,this late in the game it isnt going to hurt them to quickly open the incubator.

4. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    That would be my advice as well. It needs to get a drink and some feed.

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Just zip the little one out quickly...no harm will be done. Leave those last few eggs in for another couple of days. I had a late hatch this time. One hatched on day 21 and all the others on day 22...just one of those things.

6. shangri-lafarms

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    thanks everyone....[​IMG] I am going to get him out....

7. shangri-lafarms

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Just want to say that .I got the chick out. lts doing well in the brooder.[​IMG]

8. shangri-lafarms

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Just want to say that .I got the chick out. lts doing well in the brooder.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by