Hatch question????

shangri-lafarms

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
NY-Upstate Adirondacks
This is my first hatch ever today is day 21 with no pips in the remaining 3 eggs. One pipped and zipped yesterday and is out and doing well so far in the bator, should I leave the chick in there? I have the brooder ready, the chick is running all around the bator if I had other pips I would just leave him/her in there but I'm nt sure if these others will hatch or not, there was movement in all 3 on day 18 when I candled, i just don't want to open the bator and mess things up...Any and all advice always appreciated...
big_smile.png

I'd say if you don't have any other pips, reach in there and pull her out (just crack the lid if you can), my bator took less than a minute to build back up the humidity again. If you're concerned about it, you can always add extra warm water while the top is off, then leave it closed tight until those other eggs hatch.

If it has been in there since yesterday, would take it out,just do it quickly,the other ones are either going to hatch ,or not,this late in the game it isnt going to hurt them to quickly open the incubator.

Just zip the little one out quickly...no harm will be done. Leave those last few eggs in for another couple of days. I had a late hatch this time. One hatched on day 21 and all the others on day 22...just one of those things.

Back
Top Bottom