1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatch Rehabiliation Centers

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Eggseronious, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Selecting a hatching rehab center is one of the most important and difficult decisions you will make in your lifetime. [​IMG] Few of us know what to look for in a quality rehab program and not all hatch rehabilitation centers are alike. Each hatch rehab has its own program options, moderator and staff qualifications, credentials, cost, and effectiveness.

Asking appropriate questions when you call a hatch rehab for information is important and you should expect to receive clear answers.

Before you make any decisions-ask questions and get the facts! Before you hatch! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. ChiefZero

ChiefZero Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2008
    Forgive me but hatch rehabiliation centers?

3. Eggseronious

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:Oh yes! Hatchhol and incubation addiction is a disease that progresses through predictable stages. It takes a trained incubatomist professional, often a doctor specializing in addiction cures, to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the most appropriate treatment.

A hatch rehabilitation treatment center should offer a variety of treatment programs that meet individual needs. Programs may include inpatient, residential, outpatient, and/or short-stay options.

The difference between inpatient and a residential treatment center is that inpatient services are provided by a licensed doctor, while residential programs usually do not meet the same rigorous standards of medical care and most moderators can be very helpful.

The length of stay depends on the severity and stage of the disease and whether the patients are day 18 or not! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  4. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    [​IMG]

5. rroven

rroven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    lexington, SC
    I think you've been hanging over that bator way too long...[​IMG]

6. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    The first step to a cure is admitting you have a problem.

My name is Dee and I am a hatchaholic. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I tried rehab once but after two days I checked myself out. My family is threatening to have an intervention. [​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    "The number you have reached is not in service at this time. Please check the number and dial again."

:|

"Why, no, Officer, there aren't 3 incubators full of eggs in my house."

[​IMG]

8. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

9. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    "Oh no postman... I have no idea what those are in the mail, someone obviously thought I was out of eggs"...

I'm brand new to hatching and after my first hatch this week I'm addicted... My husband calls me the chicken lady...

10. Eggseronious

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    We have a large and growing denial gap when it comes to hatch abuse and brooding in this country. [​IMG] Tell tell signs are one starts hatching specific breeds and frequent stops at the feed dealer. The denial gap really grows at this stage. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by