Hatch thread for jenlynn4's eggs (HATCHED Pics pg 5)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by vfem, Apr 10, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Thank you jenlynn4... the eggs arrived safe and sound. [​IMG]

I will setting the 8 of them in the morning under my broody.

I will let everyone know how it goes here.

Anyone else get eggs from Jen and want to post how they're doing... go for it!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Yeah good luck, I got my first silkie eggs from her. 8 eggs 6 hatched, they are so pretty!!

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    oh hooray... thats a good hatch rate! These are my first eggs I've ever bought. I'm dying for some really nice buffs and whites. I've decided to get rid of my blacks and just do buff and white. I would like to get a rooster of each color. Who ever says they WANT roosters from a hatch?! LOL

4. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Me I am hoping for a black or blue roo, I know its seems weird saying that.

5. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Hooray! I put them under my broody this morning and she took them all. I have a second broody who is trying to steal them but has failed.

She hasn't moved since this morning [​IMG]

So day 1 begins!

6. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Thats wonderful, babies in 21 days yeah!!!

7. tcwk

tcwk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW, PA
    good luck hope, you get your roos

8. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Yesterday, a large dog managed to 'shred' the chicken wire around my coops run... and I mean SHREDD. It didn't dig under (chickenwire was buried there too) it didn't manage to pull the nails and spikes out of the trim holding the wire on... it just shredded it into thin wire strings everywhere. I was shocked! [​IMG]

I was lucky enough to catch him in the act, but he was trying to get into the coop at the time I came out. He was too large to fit in the 12"x12" hole the chickens come out through though. I checked everyone, everyone was safe and sound. My broodies did NOT leave the nest through any of this. Yet, I know they were stressed. We're going to find out just how stressed soon I guess.

We rewired the run and moved the coop out by the orchard and grape vine to give them more cover while they are out, rather then center in the yard. That gives me a little peace of mind.

So lets cross out fingers they don't give up on these eggs and make it through to the hatch I'm so excited about!!! This is going to be the luckiest hatch I have yet if they make it?!!?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Everyone is still sitting! My broodies are still broody and sharing the eggs. (They are actually really good at sharing, and they'll bot hatch and mama together!)

I candled the eggs today... I had development and veining in 6 of the 8. 4 white and both buffs!!! Only 2 candled clear, and both I cracked out to see one was scrambled yolk, while the other was non-fertile.

I am so thrilled.... if only 2 hatch, it will be worth it still!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

10. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    YEA!!!!!! THATS REALLY GOOD FOR SHIPPED EGGS! I am so glad there growing. Lets hope they all hatch! JEN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by