hatch today

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kenny7673, Dec 4, 2011.

1. kenny7673

kenny7673 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2011
    hillsboro
    hi everyone,hope everyone is having a great weekend! got a question if anyone can help? my eggs should hatch some time today. was just wondering what the temp in my incubator should be reading and if they dont hatch today how long should i wait to see if there just going to hatch late before i write it off as a fail?

2. ladyomaha

ladyomaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    I am No pro at this but from I have read from this site, temp should be 99.5 and wait 3 days, if nothing happens today, I cant say I had a duck born 2 days early, a chick 1 day early, one pipping now, and one that died last night, so I dont really know, Thats what I have Read, Good Luck!!!!!

3. kenny7673

Nov 13, 2011
    hillsboro
    thank very much for the info, lol i probly gonna need all the luck i can get i havent done this since i was a kid

4. kenny7673

Nov 13, 2011
    hillsboro
    the main reason i was asking was because over the last 3 days the temp has gotten higher and it stayed pretty consetent before. i didnt know if it was because the chicks were about to hatch or what was going on

5. ladyomaha

ladyomaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    The higher the Temp the faster they develope, I discovered that, All Mine have hatched EARLY!! This is my first time doing this, and I bet I have tried to hatch over 100 eggs, and only have gotten 5 out of them, but only dun this for 2-3 moths, so I am VERY NEW, and Learning myself! I know my temp has been up When the fireplace is going, and then goes down when it burns out.....LOL. So I am learning how to adjust to all that and keep my babies alive!

6. kenny7673

Nov 13, 2011
    hillsboro
    yeh mine was doing the same with the fire lpace so i moved them in to the itchen were it stays a little bit coller even with the fire place going. since then its stayed at right around a 100 degrees. but for the last 2 or 3 days its stayed in between 101 and 102 but i was told aslong as te eggs dont hit 103 for a long amount of time they shold be alright

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I would try to keep it around 100. If it is a still air incubator 101 - 102 is good.

8. kenny7673

Nov 13, 2011
    hillsboro
    well we didnt hatch any out yesterday,but i was thinking that i didnt stick them in the incubator till almost midnight so actually today the should hatch. im hoping they will at least wait till i get home. the anticipation is killing my step daughter. her first words this morning as her mom was getting her up from school was do we have any chicks yet lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by