Hatch Upright or Laying on Side?

Zarumley

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2020
Washington
I am having a hard time getting information on whether or not to keep my duck eggs in a cut down egg carton for hatching. They were shipped eggs and a few had weird air cells so upon research found that they should be upright to help them along, but now I am concerned that they will not be able to hatch upright. There is so much information out there. Should I keep them in the carton or lay them flat? Its day 27 and I still don't know if they are okay. I haven't seen or heard anything from the eggs since my last candle before lock down. They were all healthy and moving at that time... PLEASE HELP!

Thank you so much I really appreciate it! There is just so much information out there and I just want to make sure I am doing this right. It's hard to know what advice to follow.

Thank you so much I really appreciate it! There is just so much information out there and I just want to make sure I am doing this right. It's hard to know what advice to follow.
No problem. I "think" I read that you're supposed to take them out of the carton on lockdown but I am not sure at all if that is right or I've gotten it mixed up. Let me call @Isaac 0 in because he does a lot of hatching too but I don't know about the shipped egg part. It can't hurt.

No problem. I "think" I read that you're supposed to take them out of the carton on lockdown but I am not sure at all if that is right or I've gotten it mixed up. Let me call @Isaac 0 in because he does a lot of hatching too but I don't know about the shipped egg part. It can't hurt.
I was just worried I know ducks have a harder time getting out of the shell but I read if they have weird air sac they can die if laying down. Too much information out there. Thank you again for your help, I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom