Hatch video

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by blasto, Feb 9, 2009.

1. blasto

blasto Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Richmond
  2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Oh my gosh!!!! How CUTE!!!!!! That was one of the best videos I've seen of chicks hatching! Was that one of those little dome incubators? Was that other egg hatching? It looked like it might be but wasn't sure. Congratulations on your little fuzzy butts!!! [​IMG]

3. coolchickens

coolchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Darn, I can't get it to show me the movie. It says "Quick time is not available to show movie". What's that all about? Am I doing something wrong? I was able to watch a camcorder last night on BYC that had some hatching eggs on it. Sharon

4. blasto

Jan 7, 2009
    Richmond
    We have a little 3 egg R-com mini (and love it!). The R-com is much different that the yellow dome incubators--almost completely self-contained, though they are pricey. I lucked out and got a *scratch-n-dent* from Brinsea at a great price and it has been a great educational tool for my 4 1/2 yo son. The middle egg/third egg (the one with the big spot on the bottom) hasn*t hatched. It was developing along with the other two when I scoped them up until day 12 or so, but after that it looked a bit different and I didn*t see any movement on day 18. I was still hopeful, but I took it out and tapped it when I took the fuzzies out and didn*t hear anything. It*s still in the incubator, just on the off chance that it still hatches.

5. blasto

Jan 7, 2009
    Richmond
    Quote:Not sure. The link is directly to our Mac web page. Is it prompting some sort of download?

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

oh, blasto, thanks so much for posting that! It was precious! [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Not sure. The link is directly to our Mac web page. Is it prompting some sort of download?

it did that to me also..it said i need to download quick time to watch it..i didnt because i dont know what that is...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by