Hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by angelique_redhead, May 25, 2010.

1. angelique_redhead

angelique_redhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    DFW, Texas
    We hatched chicks Saturday, May 23. I started out with 44 eggs. 17 were infertile silver laced wyandotte eggs. One was tossed initally. The other 16 were tossed at the end of the hatch. I candled 6 eggs on day 11. On day 15 a friend came over and candled the same 6 eggs. I was right and the one SLWD egg was tossed that day. Out of the 27 good eggs we got 22 chicks. 5 didn't make it. 1 SLWD pipped into the middle of the egg instead of the air cell and died due to my lack of inexperience. I didn't bother it. I should have. [​IMG] 1 SLWD was a day 18 quitter. It smelled. 1 SLWD and 2 barred rock crosses never pipped. My humidity spiked to 80 after most of the birds hatched but I brought it back down. The last egg that pipped had to be helped out. It was a SLWD and it was pipped so long the membrane and fluids dried and stuck it's wing to it's head. So total hatch was 3 Ameracunas, 13 silver laced wyandottes, 2 Rhode Island Red x Ameracuna crosses (olive eggers), 4 BR x Ameracuna crosses (olive eggers). It was a 77.7% hatch. Not bad for a first hatch. My thanks to the folks on Back Yard Chicken and the humidity thread. [​IMG]: Angelique

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] Good job!

3. angelique_redhead

angelique_redhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks! I have an update. The one I had to help hatch (I think it's the one) died 05/28/2010. [​IMG] [​IMG]: Angelique

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by