1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HATCHALONG!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by snipercp, Feb 27, 2012.

1. snipercp

snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    i am hopefully going to set around 40 eggs on wednesday/thursday 12 BLRW 12 choco WYN around 10 barred WYN around 10 silkie and 6 call duck eggs anyone want to join in around this date also add what eggs your setting.

2. mayberrygirl

mayberrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    We will be setting some eggs (final number unknown) on the 4th for science project. Bator build is happening saturday. The kids are so excited, it has been at least a year since we did a hatch.

3. snipercp

snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    good luck

4. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    I put in 21 eggs today. They are rouen duck eggs :D

5. chickenlover237

chickenlover237 Chillin' With My Peeps

can I join in? I just set 12 eggs from both barred rocks and RIR's

6. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    I will join in, i started a thread but its silly to have 2 going lol. Ive just set 12 mixed bantams today 29th. They are seramas, dutch, polish, gold & silver sebright, frizzles. Due 21st march.:D

7. Sharksandguitars

Sharksandguitars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    I started eggs on the 27th and 28th. I have 33 in two bators. This will be my first hatch. When do you start turning them 3 times a day? One of the bators is an automatic and the other is not. 20 of the eggs are mine, and I am hatching the rest for a family member. Mine are an assortment of silkies I bought in an auction, and the others are black biddies. I am sooo scared I am gonna kill them.

8. mayberrygirl

Mar 4, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    You need to turn them from day 1.

Ok, I have called every place I can think of and there is not a large styrofoam cooler within 50 miles of me! I even called sporting goods at Walmart to ask about the worm shipments, but was told they are getting in half shipments in small containers. So since I cannot afford to put $30 into a cooler it looks like it will be the plastic tote (I kinda figured it would go that way anyway). So question, we have some duct insulation can I wrap that around the back, sides, and bottom on the outside to help hold in the heat a little better?

9. Sharksandguitars

Sharksandguitars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    I think all my silkie eggs are bad... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am such a bad egg mother :(

10. mayberrygirl

Mar 4, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    Oh no! What happened?

I got my bator built today, still trying to get a stable temp and that could take a day or two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by