Hatched my first silkie

Buckaroo

Songster
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Milton Florida
Well so far one of the two silkie eggs has hatched. The chick is yellow, so may end up white. Got a healthy set of lungs, cause it sure chirps loud, so maybe will get the other egg to hatch.

Hope her buddy hatches !!!!! Good luck !!!! Post pics plllleassseee !!!! Silkies are such nice birds !!!!!

Usually the chirping is enough to get the others rolling. Congrats on the new baby! I can't wait to see pics.
jumpy.gif

Jody

Congrats Buckaroo!!
19.gif
I have had 9 silkies hatch over the last 3 days. the last 3 hatched last night. They are my first ones too!! I am trying to figure out the colors. I know I have 3 buff, another that I think is white, but could be buff too. 2 that I think are splash, and three that are either black or blue. I don't really know how to tell the difference. Anyway, they are beautiful whatever they are!!
greenstars.gif

2nd one has pipped, so won't be long now.

If anyone else is hatching within a block or so, there's should start hatching. This little one can chirp really loud.
jumpy.gif

Here are some pics, sorry not good. Just a quick open and snap since the other was still wet from fresh hatch.

2004_0124ranger0002.jpg

2004_0124ranger0001.jpg

wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom