Hatched today, Tues., day 20

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by halo, Nov 25, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I had a great hatch with my blue rocks today...all hatched. They pipped yesterday, day 19, and all out today, day 20. One still in the bator, just hatched, but that one is also light blue. And unless Im delusional, which is entirely possible, I see only, maybe, one roo in this bunch. Could it be? Did Santa come early? Even the one still in the bator looks like a girl. I should probably quit while Im ahead. Ironically, the one egg that I know for sure came from the blue pullet (I sat in the coop and waited til she laid it) is one of the black babies. And obviously one of the eggs was from the blue or splash pullet, because I got my first ever splash baby!

I was thinking that the rocks hatching early might be genetic, but then I thought maybe my bator was just running hotter than the thermometer was reading. Well, apparently not, because I also put 2 EE eggs in at the same time and they just pipped this afternoon. The rocks will be 2 days old before the EEs even hatch!

[​IMG]

2. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh my GOSHHHHH
    They are sooo cute!! I love that color, congrats on your beautiful hatch!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    And I love that drool icon....hahahahha.....thanks!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] Gorgeous chicks, Kathy!!

5. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I've got your babies hatching right now too! Unfortunately...I think you ended up with all the girls...it's starting to look a little roo-heavy around here right now [​IMG] They're really healthy though!

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

Cute babies!!

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oh Kelley, I hope not. I was very roo heavy for a while there, this is the first hatch Ive had in a while that had better odds. How many more do you have left?

9. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

They are gorgeous!!!! [​IMG]

10. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    soo when am I supose to come pick them up?? lol

they are soo cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by