Hatched!

Missy1317

In the Brooder
May 20, 2021
So we had 8 baby chics hatch out of the dozen eggs!!! I've blended down their food and use caps for water to prevent any accidentally drowning. I'm trying super hard to not get too attached due to my previous issues. But it's soo hard. They are near my work desk and now when they hear my voice the start chirping away running over to where I open their brooder. They line up when they hear me pouring water and they bum rush when I put food in. I have one with wry neck though. I have him in the brooder but in a separate tank in their I was worried the others may attack him. I feel so bad for him as he's always looking at me upside down. But he eats and drinks and runs in his tank they peck at the walls of it he pecks back. I boiled eggs and chopped them up fine for it, given it water with electrolytes and vitamins. Anything else I can do to help him? Trying to get a decent picture of it is hard.
20210610_214059.jpg

Put it in with the others. I've had wry neck chicks, and they either make it, or they don't. The others don't seem to pick on them as far as I've seen. They don't seem to grow quite as fast, but I think that's because they have a harder time eating.

I've never kept one past eating size, so I don't know how well they do long term, but they seemed to do okay until then.

Back
Top Bottom