Hatcheries/Breeders with Bantam Faverolles?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by P0U1TRYP3RS0N, Sep 20, 2007.

1. P0U1TRYP3RS0N

P0U1TRYP3RS0N Songster

Mar 11, 2007
    Who out there breeds bantam Faverolles? Do any hatcheries have them?
    I got a pair at our county fair a couple weeks ago and the raccoons got the rooster Saturday night. I HATE RACCOONS!:mad:
    The pair was very, very old, and the rooster was sterile.
    So if you have a bantam faverolle rooster you no longer want, or are a breeder who will have chicks available next spring, let me know!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  2. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Not sure where you are at but a few people do come to mind. Mothergoose, flying monkeypoop, and myself all have some that should be laying again in the spring. I got my eggs from mothergoose and flyingmonkeypoop just offered me a pullet the other day. I'm sure when some are laying they'll post eggs for sale. I know I will [​IMG]

3. Newchickenmom&kids

Newchickenmom&kids Songster

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
  4. mothergoose

mothergoose Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Hello, I have bantam salmon faverolle hatching eggs available. I have some listed on the BST page. I also have chicks available and 1 rooster from early spring hatch for sale. But all lives are pickup only. I do not ship birds only eggs.
    Christie [​IMG]

5. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Crowing

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I looked at the picture of your rooster on the other page. What a handsome boy he is!

6. mothergoose

mothergoose Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Thank you for the compliment, Woodlandwoman.
    I absolutly love the bantam salmon faverolles. They are so easy going and calm. They are the most reliable layers we have and they start laying as early as 4 1/2 months of age. And beautiful to boot. Just a great bird.
    Christie [​IMG]

7. eggzettera

eggzettera Songster

Can I get on the waiting list for eggs in the spring?
    TIA
    Nadine

8. mothergoose

mothergoose Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Nadine,
    Sent you an email!
    Christie [​IMG]

9. cgoodloe

cgoodloe Chirping

Dec 10, 2010
    Clovis
    I just bought standard size salmon faverolles. I am hoping they are super duper quiet for my city backyard. I didn't know about any bantam sized ones but I was looking for a breeder that had all 3 breeds I wanted...bantam EE'er, bantam RIR, and faverolles but could only find standard faverolles so I got some. Should be ok though since they are still a small chicken compared to say an Australorp or Orpington.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: